With all the traffic on the roadways, car breakdowns are becoming more and more common, especially in the United States. If you haven’t already experienced a breakdown, it’s more likely than not that you will. While a breakdown can’t be avoided entirely, the experts at KB Towing Service have provided some tips to help you prepare your vehicle for your daily commute and lessen the likelihood of a car breakdown.
How Do You Prevent a Car from Breaking Down?
1. Regular car service and maintenance: Avoid car breakdowns by following your maintenance manual and scheduling appointments accordingly. Regular car service will ensure your vehicle runs optimally when experienced professionals care for your car’s fluids, tires, and electrical and mechanical systems.
2. Inspect your vehicle before you drive: Taking a few minutes to conduct a pre-drive inspection before taking your car or truck out on the road could save you grief and inconvenience later on. While low tire pressure might not seem like a big deal, a deflated tire certainly is. Make it a habit to check your brakes, tires, and battery before getting on the road.
3. Drive carefully: frustrated drivers are becoming commonplace with more traffic on the road. Road rage, dangerous swerving, and speeding can lead to accidents on the road. Tailgating is particularly dangerous if the car ahead of you brakes suddenly, and a moment’s frustration turns into an accident ruining your vehicle and potentially causing severe injury. Heavy-handed driving can also increase the wear and tear on your car, causing your tires, brakes, and other car parts to wear out before their time. Replacing parts prematurely is hard on your wallet, inconvenient, and time-consuming.
4. Take care of your tires and battery. Battery and tire problems are the number one reason for car breakdowns. Following your maintenance manual helps prevent issues but checking your tires and battery more frequently could help save you from the inconvenience and frustration of breaking down on the side of the road.
5. Don’t ignore car dashboard warning lights and signs: In most instances, your vehicle will notify you when something is not working correctly. Strange noises and check engine lights should never be ignored. If you notice your car drives differently, visit your mechanic to check it out. Listen to your vehicle to help avoid a potential breakdown or an accident.
6. Know your car or truck’s limits: Remember, your car is a piece of equipment, and like all equipment, it needs to be cared for. All vehicles have limitations, which will differ between makes and models. Never overload the weight capacity of your car or truck. Pushing your vehicle to the limit could result in damage to your chassis, suspension, and tires and has the potential to cause a serious accident.
7. Don’t forget about your car fluids: Regularly check your coolant, engine oil, and brake fluid and top them off when needed to help keep your vehicle running smoothly and prevent the likelihood of a breakdown.
Towing & Roadside Assistance Services & More in Rowlett, Garland, Mesquite, Rockwall, Wylie, Sachse & Greater Dallas, Texas
You can’t predict a car breakdown; they can happen anytime, regardless of how much you try and prepare. The good news is that the experts at KB Towing Service can assist you 24/7 with all your towing and roadside assistance needs. We recommend adding our information to your contact list to give you the peace of mind of knowing we are a phone call away when needed.