Tires are a major necessity for vehicles as they contribute to safety, performance, and overall function. Normal tire wear is to be expected at some point, no matter if you use your vehicle multiple times a day or a few times a week. Driving, road conditions, weather, and tire’s quality, among other circumstances are all contributors. More people should be more diligent when it comes to putting trust in their tires. Tires will age and deteriorate with time and use as the tires are manufactured with synthetic rubber, natural rubber, wires, fabric, and other chemical compounds. If drivers are not careful, the tires eventually reach hazardous levels for you and everyone on the road. In tire-related accidents, the National Transportation Safety Board reports that more than 19,000 people are injured and there about 500 fatalities a year. We at KB Towing Service wants to help commuters stay safe and at this time we would like to share the common symptoms that indicate you need to replace your tires.
Tire Tread Wear Indicator & Signs You Need New Tires
1) Tire that is Bald, Bulged, or Blistered: On the side lining or tread, the tire is showing its age when it develops any bulges. These blisters that pop up are hard extrusions from the surface that can cause blowouts, ripped tires, and flats if they are not discovered and replaced. Should the tire or tires start balding, you are long past time for new tires. The bald tires offer zero surface traction, even if the roads are slightly wet will offer zero traction on the surface, resulting in a vehicle to slide and spin out.
2) Tire Sidewall with Cracks: Resulting in leaks and other damage, an indication of an aging tire are the cracks and cuts on the tire’s sidewall. Because these unfixable abrasions that only get deeper and larger, a flat tire will occur sooner than later.
3) Tire Tread Penny Test: A monthly penny test can help you monitor the tires by placing a penny between the treads along the tire and in multiple areas. When the tread is too low, you will see that Lincoln’s head remains in view. If the head is at least half covered, the tread is relatively healthy.
4) Feeling a Vibration when Driving: Even when the words are poor, the vehicle should not be vibrating for long periods of time. Have your tires checked immediately as they are likely old tires if you experience heavy vibrations while driving, especially on smooth roads. You can avoid serious damage or harm damage.
5) Tire Showing Fabric or Metal: Beneath the rubber of your tire there is a fabric and metal lining that is an internal structural support that offers function and durability. This weaving is not designed to surface and if you ever see prickly pieces of wire or metal or you begin to see mesh fabric showing through from the rubber you are in need of new tires.
Towing & Roadside Assistance Services & More in Addison, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Frisco, Garland, Irving, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson & Dallas, Texas
Though you can reduce the issues with tires by keeping them regularly inspected, surprised can occur. If you are experiencing a flat or blown tires, call KB Towing Service for assistance and we can help you get the tire changed quickly through our roadside assistance services. We can also offer towing services if tire changing is not an option!